Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Worst Look Ever

192280-comic_book_guy_13018_large As luck would have it, I’ve been able to spend an abnormally large amount of time at The Pour House the past few weeks.  Don’t get me wrong, for a bar in a strip mall, it’s not half bad.  It has many of the things I like in a bar – an assortment of non-yellow beers, a patio with TVs not packed with douchers so I can watch my beloved Texas Rangers.

On each occasion I’ve visited The Pour House, I have noticed a gentleman and his friend that I can only assume had just left XMax Games; a close by gaming store.  I wish I had a better description of the place but whenever I walk by with Alex & Zoë there are only a couple of men in there usually surfing the internet on one of the many computers or playing chess.  So I’m not really sure what goes on there?  There are a few “pods” that I guess players can get inside to immerse themselves in the games played there.  But I’ve never seen anyone in any of the pods.  So I can only assume the place is really a front for the Russian Mafia.

I noticed the one gentleman because he is a dead ringer for Jeff Albertson aka The Comic Book Guy.  He is a middle aged paunchy ponytailed and bearded man with the requisite air of nerdy superiority.  His friend is of a similar ilk but with  I assume is a higher metabolism since he does not possess a paunch.

Just to be clear, I would never waste my time or either of our reader’s time with criticizing someone’s look.  After all, I’m not exactly the most happening dude.  I have a smokin’ hot Guatemalan chick dress me and I still look like this.  So this really isn’t about how good or bad someone looks.

This is about why someone would choose this look. This particular look has been roundly (get it?) made fun of for over two decades by The Simpsons.  I have to assume this guy watches The Simpsons (what nerd doesn’t?) yet still chooses to go with this look.  We embarrassed nearly everyone into not wearing mullets back in the 90s(except for a certain segment of the Volleyball coaching community).   We can do the same for “The Comic Book Guy”.  And once we’ve done that we can move on to any middle aged dude with a pony tail.  And then I can finally die in peace, jebus willing.

No comments: