Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jersey Shore Live Blogging: Season 2.8

Thank god -- no sign of Ronnie and Sammi in the recap.

2:00 - Nothing's better after a drunken hookup than a wake-up call from mom.

4:30 - "You're a hypocritical whore" -- it pretty well sums Angelina up.  And she doesn't even complain.

6:30 - Vinnie's family came to visit? What is Vinnie's mom going to think when she sees her little boy going through his roommates?

10:30 - Uncle Nino needs his own show. He's HI-larious! Also, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's a made man.

12:00 - Good lord, that is one huge meal.

12:30 - "My Uncle Nino doesn't have the highest standards in the world, so these girls are looking like supermodels." It takes some skill to insult your family AND your roommates in one sentence.

14:45 - "I'm glad [mom] came, but it's definitely time to say goodbye." Translation: I've eaten, now I want to get laid.

16:10 - "Ask them if they're DTF. We can't waste time today -- it's Saturday."

17:15 - The Situation's such a charmer: "I'm about to massage every part of your body." "Feet first?" "I'm going to hit that ass first."

20:30 - I don't get bailing because "I have a boyfriend" -- it's not going to last past the airing of the show, since you went home with the guidos and didn't even have your face blerkled.

24:00 - Nothing's classier than fixing yourself an egg sandwich, then going to eat it in bed while watching your roommate get some.

26:00 - "You know how happy I get when I see your number? I'm like a little kid." Poor, sweet José. He's going to learn a valuable lesson about falling for a skank.

26:30 - "Angelina is the Staten Island Ferry -- everyone gets a ride, and it's free." Nice work by the MTV writers on that line.

29:00 - Wow. Angelina is one unrepentant bitch. "If he thinks that hooking up means just kissing, I don't have to tell him."

31:00 - "Sometimes you meet a girl that deserves to be wined and dined, and, you know, wifed up." But how does he ask her out? He tells her that he needs a "sympathy date". Not good.

33:45 - GTL has turned into RSFL - reservations, shopping, flowers, laundry.

34:30 - Poor Vinnie. Dumped without even a first date. But at least he hung up on her. So he's got that going for him.

37:00 - Ugh. Vinnie calls her back? What a pathetic bastard. "Please, please, please, pretty please."

38:00 - "I'm a bink. That's what Italians call someone who's fresh."

39:30 - It's 10:30pm and your "date" isn't answering the phone. Not a good sign. But at least Pauly had a good date.

Verdict: For an episode with no fights and no drunken fun, this was a winner. I give it a:
B+

No comments: